Thursday, August 2, 2012

4 guys, a girl and a guitar



This song had already been heard 130M+ times on the tube before I heard it. Yet, the absence of exclusivity doesn't take the tiniest bit of this song's feel-good-factor away.

I think the feel-good-factor comes from the simplicity of this song and its video. It is just 4 guys, a girl and a guitar. I don't think that there is some army of geeks on strange computers behind this music.
Alright, I'll admit that there could have been some editing here, but really, how much could possibly have been done? There are just three microphones here (I say that because there is only so much one can do while recording 3 voices of people cramped together) and every one did their part in a single recording.

What does this have to do with a feel-good-factor? The simplicity of this song, the instruments, the singers, the video.. everything tells that we can do cool stuff with whatever simple bit we have too. This song really is a tribute to art.

(I have seen the drummer boy do something with his macbook in another video, but still..)

1 comment: