Saturday, January 3, 2009

revelation



My guess is that a person's house is as good as the person is.
You don't find paupers living in palaces do you?

I spent New Year's Eve and the following day in Ooty with Gilli.
This might be an understatement (if so due to the fact that my vocabulary is not what i would deem praise worthy.. not because the place was not good enough) Ooty is a beautiful place.
That is when it struck me : most of the world we live in is beautiful. This world that 'God' made for us to live in truly is breath taking!
So, he probably meant for us to be worthy of such an abode.

It is when i saw the fairy tale landscape of Ooty that my darker sides that clung on to the rest of me like dirt suddenly ashamed me. I have not been the best of people.
I have been sarcastic, unkind, ungrateful, silly, cruel and inconsiderate.

But i don't want to be any of that any more.

I will probably never understand the depths of the people I previously thought were rubbish. I shouldn't jump into conclusions.
I will probably never wholeheartedly help others the way some people have helped me. I will probably never understand what it feels like to share and enjoy.
I will probably never be the kind of person i want to be.
But there is no harm in trying is there?

The world deserves a better me.. And i'm gonna try and satisfy it.. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

courtesy : gilli

3 comments:

  1. You can always be the person that you want to be. Trust me. It just takes a lot of time to realize that you have morphed into the person that you want to be.

    Best of luck and a very Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. machi you are indeed all the things that you said you were. what you dont realise is on some level you are the person you want ot be too. All people in this world arent worthy of the better you. So they end up getting the bad you they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nithya - :) thank you for the optimism.. i think i can wait.. i hope i don have to wait too long :-/

    @smart guy 'ryan' - i guess you are right.. but i doubt if i've been good to the all the people who deserve a better me..

    n to the both of u..
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete